Monday, July 20, 2009

Not My Child! Monday

Lane did NOT do a disappearing act at church this week. It did NOT take over an hour to find him, because none of the other kids knew where he was, and he wasn't where he was supposed to be. I was NOT about to call the police when I found him, and I was NOT instantly relieved, followed immediately by a fury that made me want to first hug him, and then beat him within an inch of his life. Instead, I did NOT take away all video games and TV for the day. And he did NOT sulk because of it.

Eden did NOT put all of her newly laundered, folded clothes into the dirty clothes hamper so that she wouldn't have to put them away. We take our laundry seriously in this house. Remember, I AM the laundry aficionado, and she comes by her laundry affinity honestly.

Ava did NOT barge into my bathroom while I was on the toilet, and attempt to pull me off, stating emphatically "IT"S MY TURN! GET UP!"

She also did NOT see some people of Asian descent in Target this week, and yell out "CHINESE!" and point at them.

Lane and Eden did NOT manage to go to day camp at their school today without their hair brushed.

When Lane asked me if he could play a video game this week, I did NOT ask a question of him in return. I did NOT ask if he had brushed his teeth at all that day. He did NOT tuck his head down in shame, and say "no". It was NOT 4:00 pm.

Eden, at nearly 8 years old, does NOT still suck on her finger. I did NOT decide yesterday that enough was enough, and go to the store in search of thumb-sucking deterrent. She did NOT throw a tantrum when it was time to put it on her finger, and my husband did NOT have to hold her down while I brushed it on. I did NOT say to her that it was only fitting that she was behaving like such a baby, since only babies sucked on their fingers anyway.

Ava did NOT learn how to give a wet willie this week. She did NOT decide that since she couldn't get her yucky finger in mine or Eden's ear, to give herself the wet willie.

My kids are NOT hilarious, and they do NOT get mad when I laugh at them.

Head on over to MckMama's for this special edition of Not Me! Monday, and see what everyone else's kids have NOT been doing this week.

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by via MckMama's blog carnival. Just had to check you out since our blog titles are so close to each other.

    Great Not Me's! I'm sure you definitely were *not* ready to both hug and beat your child at the same time when you finally found him. (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! Thanks for the laugh this morning! I discovered that my son -6yrs- was putting his clean clothes in the dirty hamper too...now he does his own laundry! He's not thrilled about it and I do help him, but it's something he needs to know how to do and now I don't stress about washing some clean clothes cuz I'm not the one washing them! Love NotMeMonday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so very funny! I especially loved the "I did NOT want to hug him and then beat him within an inch of his life...." Ummmm...I have NOT ever felt like that either! *hee hee*

    Glad you found the blog--I am looking very forward to reading more of yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete