Thursday, July 2, 2009

For Love of Reading...

I have loved a good book for longer than I can even remember. I have always been able to completely escape into a story, feeling all of the ups and downs, setbacks and triumphs, unshakeable faith and crippling doubts of each character deeply. The book can be a classic novel, a Christian romance(my personal favorite), a child's book, or even someone's blog; I am always sucked in emotionally, and the story comes alive.

The problem is that when I do get sucked in, I CAN"T STOP!!! I will read and read and read and read and read until I feel like my eyes are going to explode. Once I crack a book, I am not likely to stop until I have finished the final chapter. The same goes with blogs, back-reading entry by entry(many times while sobbing my eyes out!!) This is not good, as I have 3 children and, you know, actual responsibilities.

Sooooo, last night, I did it again. This time in the form of the latest Karen Kingsbury book. I read until 3:45 in the morning, and became frustrated when I realized that it had a cliffhanger ending. And I will have to wait until next SPRING to get the answers I so desperately wanted!!!! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment