Thursday, July 16, 2009

War and Peace Treaties ( With Civialian Casualties)

This morning, I was peacefully dreaming in a land where all is quiet ..... when suddenly.....a war broke out! There were bombs going off(kids jumping and running on the second floor, directly above my bedroom), soldiers screaming and clawing and biting and kicking and yelling and taunting (Lane and Eden, fighting amongst themselves), and an innocent bystander screaming in terror while being trampled at the scene of a grisly battle (Ava, being woken up as unpleasantly as I was, by the LOUD fighting of her siblings).

Trying to block out the ugly sounds and drift back to the beautiful, peaceful land in my dreams, I rolled over and shut my eyes tighter. And then they were on my back. They took me as a prisoner of war. The tattling began. What torture it was!!!

Eden: "I was using the toothpaste and he took it from me...."
Lane: "But I had it first, and she took it in her room...."
Eden:"Shut up, you don't even brush your teeth, you were just trying to take it from me...."

I really lost track at this point, because the civilian casualty had made her way into my room, screaming bloody murder!!

So, I drew up a peace treaty, consoled the innocent civilian, and imposed sanctions....all before breakfast.

What a fabulous way to start the day....NOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment