Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WHAT DID I JUST DO????!!!!!!

I just had a HUGE I-cannot-believe-I-just-did-that moment!!

I was minding my own business, baking brownies and labeling school supplies in the kitchen...keeping an eye on the clock because it was coming up on the time to go pick Lane and Eden up from their camp at school. I was getting ready to go...it was about 10 minutes til time to pick them up, and they were only 2 minutes away.

The phone rang.

I saw the caller I.D.

It was my husband.

He said, "GO PICK UP THE KIDS!"

And, it hit me. The power had gone out a few days ago. The clock on the stove is wrong. I am thirty minutes late picking up my kids. AND BJ KNOWS!!!!

I will never hear the end of this!!!

And, to be honest, I feel really, really badly about it. Poor kids!! They were embarrassed....I am embarrassed. At least we can be together in our embarrassment.

OR NOT!

They aren't going to let me hear the end of it, either!!!

1 comment: