Thursday, July 23, 2009

Crazy Family

I think I have discovered that just about everyone thinks that their family is crazy.

Mine really is.

I actually used to believe that my family was normal.

Both parents, still together....church every Sunday... Home cooked meal every night with the whole family at the table...backyard baseball games....Deep conversations....

Boy, was I wrong.

I used to believe that the people on Jerry Springer were actors.

I think my family could fit in there now.

I think I am in the twilight zone.

I think that at least 2 members of my immediate family (in generations parallel and preceding my own) need some serious psychiatric intervention.

I am SO over it.

Some people need to grow up, accept responsibility for their actions, and start taking some steps forward in their own lives, instead of blaming everyone else for the problems that they have created for themselves. Quit lying to yourself, and quit lying to me. Quit holding your hand out for more. Help yourself....here's a hint....If you don't like the direction your life is going, turn around and go a different way. Just a suggestion. Quit being a bunch of mooches. GROW UP!

Quit dragging the rest of us down.

Or, we all might need psychiatric intervention before too long.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. Don't you hate family drama? It's the worst.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog may help you not to feel so alone...

    http://in-lawsout-lawsandotherfamilycrap.blogspot.com/

    Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I totally agree. I think that goes for people who are outside my family as well.
    Thanks for the comment on my Pet Peeve discussion the other day. I replied to your comment in the comment section of that post and I didn't know if you had seen it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right! Stop by at my blog to claim the award I gave you. ;)

    ReplyDelete