Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things I Hate: Insomnia....Why do you curse me so????

So....you guessed it! I could NOT sleep last night. I really wanted to. I knew my body needed it. I was bone-tired. My eyes were burning. My throat was sore (you know.....that sore throat you get when you JUST NEED SLEEP!)

I HATE Insomnia. HATE IT! Unfortunately, the only medication I have ever found that will touch a migraine (for me....I know there a lot of things out there. I have tried them ALL. Unless there is something really, really new.), causes the inability to sleep. I literally feel shaky. Even my eyeballs feel like they are bouncing up and down. Weird feeling. But, sometimes, you have to choose between a migraine or knowing that you will be able to sleep eventually (you know, after the screaming-throbbing-pain-in-your-head and the vomit-until-you-dry-heave leave you unable to hold your head up, and you pass out on the floor by the toilet).

All this is to say, that I have some pretty interesting (ok...maybe not interesting....RANDOM) thoughts run through my head as I beg myself to just quit thinking and fall asleep.

1) I don't like the wallpaper in my kitchen. It is too busy and fruity and country. I guess as far as wallpapers go, it really could be worse, but, it just isn't my style. No wallpaper is my style. I HATE wallpaper. Not sure I have the energy to take on that project, though, especially considering that this is not a house that we own.

2) I really don't get what the big deal is with Jon and Kate Plus 8. Who, exactly watches this show? Parents?! People that wish to be parents? Grandparents? Kids? I don't get the obsession. I have only watched the show about 5 times (out of curiosity as to what all the craziness was...)

Here are my observations(for whatever they are worth...):

a.) I have my own kids that yell, and scream, and squeal, and fight, and tattle, and cry, and run through the house. When I do have time to watch a show for me (that isn't some stupid, boring thing my husband has put on), I do NOT want to see kids behaving poorly. Cutely?! Maybe. And they are cute kids....but, when you have 8 kids....someone is going to be crying, yelling, screaming, squealing, tattling, etc. My kids are in bed, it is quiet in my house(for once), and I am not currently dealing with this problem. Why do I want to watch these people deal with it??!

b.) People that wish to be parents....this should be some pretty good birth control for you.

c.) Why do they recap after every commercial break?? It is a 30 minute show. Do they think that our short term memory is that short??They repeat the same thing over and over and over and over.....Example: Today is Mady's special day. Because today is Mady's special day, ________. *commercial break* So, we are headed out to Mady's special day. A special day is when just one kid gets to spend the day with Mom and Dad doing whatever they want. Today is Mady's turn. *commercial break* We are out enjoying Mady's special day. Today is Mady's special day. Special days are important. It's Mady's special day.

d.) There is NO WAY I would let my kids watch this show. They do not need ANY MORE examples of whining, crying, fighting, tattling, squealing, etc.

I really don't get the obsession with this show. All current issues totally aside.

3. Two toddlers, a 6:30 am wake up, and insomnia are a brutal combination. Even at 3 am, and in a slight delirious state, I dread the coming day.

4. Frozen Hershey kisses could be the PERFECT late night insomnia snack.

5. Wal-Mart (not my favorite place) has been the stage for many embarrassing moments for me. A bathroom emergency that resulted in my accidental use of the men's room, my 3 year old (now 9) disappeared (It was one of the most terrifying moments of my LIFE....) for what felt like an eternity, and just yesterday, my niece couldn't think of anything better to say...so she just kept saying...... "NOISE......NOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIISE......NOISE.....NOOOOOOOOIIIIIIISE!!!!!!" ........ over and over and over and over and over. All the way through the store. ALL. THE. WAY. Everyone in the store had bumped into us somewhere in the store. And giggled as we walked by. And everytime we passed by they thought, "There goes the NOISE kid again." (Yes, I am a mind reader, and that is what they thought. )

6. I watched the movie Eagle Eye the other day. My instinct....good movie. Not really possible. Anyone else seen it? Its basically about a super computer that hacks into every computer in the country (personal computers, government databases, traffic signals, bank data...etc), and then calls people from a cell phone, and uses death threats to manipulate the people into a complicated assassination ploy.

My dad absolutely believes that this is possible. He absolutely believes you could go into Circuit City, and on all the TV's in the showroom, your personal information, birth certificate, social security, bank statements, health records, private emails, digital pictures, blog entries, and social networking site profiles could be displayed by a government conspiracy for all to see.

Crazy. He will NOT get a Facebook. He is horrified that I would have one!! He would DIE if he knew I had a blog. HA!

8. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that Paula is gone off of American Idol. I cringe every time I have to listen to her make a train wreck of a statement. Most of the time we fast forwarded through her...errrr..... thoughts (I say this very, very loosely.) Even when it is obvious that she has really tried to gather her thoughts, and come up with a cohesive critique.....well, it just sounds like it should be featured on the "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs." commercial. It would be a great follow up. You know, provide a literal example for all the kids.

Anyhoo.....my favorite part is the bad auditions up front. It absolutely cracks me up! I know this is in TOTAL contradiction with my feelings about Paula, but, she was being paid to speak. Really. Its different. I enjoy the rest of the season, as well, but there are always a few that I am just IRRITATED that theywere put through. And that stay on. Like Bird Girl from last year. WHAT WAS THAT????? Again, train wreck! What about you guys? Bad auditions OR the finals?

I guess that is all for the randomness. There probably is more, (I know there is, but, my sleep deprived mind can't remember all the fuzzy details. It is almost, almost, like trying to remember a dream. But, you know, without the sleep. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH sleep. Can't wait for tonight!

2 comments:

  1. This was awesome! Especially b/c my husband had insomnia the other night, while on cold medications, and he came up w/ some pretty random thoughts of his own, including this friend he just HAD to 'friend' on Facebook, except that he already HAD friended her... this went on for awhile to the point where he was actually praying for it to go away! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had plenty of time to think about life. LOL
    I never watched the show about...what was it about? 8 kids and parents who are (from what I see in headlines) going through a hard time? I've got enough drama. LOL
    Eagle Eye was pretty cool I thought. I am not sure I believe in it to the dot but I do think there is a fraction of truth in it.
    And finally, get a good rest tonight! ;)

    ReplyDelete