Friday, August 28, 2009

Five Question Friday

It's Friday! YAYA! That could only mean one thing.....it's time for FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!!!

I know you are excited! Brought to you courtesy of Mama M, Five Question Friday is easy-peasy and super fun! So link up down below, and copy the questions to participate.

1. What is your favorite Holiday and why? (Thanks, Keely! Yup, same Keely as above!!)

2. Who has been the most influential person in your life?

3. If you could give up one household chore forever, what would it be?

4. What is the BEST practical joke you have ever been a part of, on the giving OR receiving end? (Thanks to Meghan, for that one!!)

5. Where (or how) did you meet your spouse?




1. What is your favorite Holiday and why? (Thanks, Keely! Yup, same Keely as above!!)

I love all Holidays! I love dressing my little babies up for Halloween, the tastes and smells of Thanksgiving, and everything about Christmas.

But if I had to pick a favorite, I would have to say that it is Easter. I actually don't care for the Easter Bunny. Dying eggs are about as high up on my list as cleaning out the attic in July. Don't even get me started on filling the plastic eggs. I have nightmares about my kids eating boiled eggs that have sat in the sun for 3 hours waiting to be found.

Easter is representative of the resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We are all imperfect, and in need of His gift of Salvation. Easter is a day to reflect on the sacrifice that Jesus made. He suffered and bled and died. He was beaten until he was no longer recognizable as a man, all while being mocked by a crowd. He was buried, and spent 3 days in hell. For me. I think that people sometimes skip over that last part......but that is the most important part. Hell is the punishment for sin. It is the most horrific place in existence. And Jesus went there. For me. And for you. He had no sin.....yet, He took on the sins of everyone, and accepted the punishment for those sins, so that we would not have to. He defeated death, and He conquered hell and all within it, then on Easter Sunday, He arose!

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5



2. Who has been the most influential person in your life?

My Mom. She is my best friend, and my confidante. She is the most sacrificial, unselfish person I have ever known. (Ya know, apart from Jesus.) She is the kind of mother that I could only hope to be.


3. If you could give up one household chore forever, what would it be?


LAUNDRY! The sorting, the washing, forgetting to switch and rewashing, drying, folding, hanging, sock sorting, putting away. Laundry for a family of 5 could be a full time job. I seriously don't know how larger families get it done.

And....why on EARTH can't they come up with a machine that washes and dries!!??!!! Seriously. Let's all write a letter to Maytag requesting this new technology be developed. Really. Why hasn't anyone in the appliance business had this epiphany yet??


4. What is the BEST practical joke you have ever been a part of, on the giving OR receiving end? (Thanks to Meghan, for that one!!)


I LOVE a good practical joke! There is nothing quite as grand as pulling of a big stinker on someone. Do you know that in some areas, you can be prosecuted for toilet papering some one's yard????!!! Some people have absolutely no sense of humor! When I was a teenager, that was just good clean fun! If you didn't know whose house was being t.p.'d on Friday night........you had better be on guard because it was probably your house!

Anyway....when I was 14, we moved about 700 miles away from home. The next summer, my best friend Sarah came and stayed for about 3 weeks. Little pranks were pulled here and there. Then my cousin Erin came for the weekend toward the end. They both fell asleep early on Saturday night.....so I gathered ALL of their underwear and bras from their suitcases, placed them in a large garbage bag, filled it up with water............and put it in the deep freezer.

The next morning, when Sarah and Erin woke up (I was still sleeping, because I had stayed up late carrying out my devious prank!), they discovered what I had done, and proceeded to dump all of my dresser drawers into the pool.

So.....Sunday morning. Church. None of us had any clothes to wear. Theirs were frozen; mine at the bottom of the pool. My Parents = Not Happy.

I still remember my mom sitting there with a hair dryer trying to thaw out a 13 gallon panty popsicle.

My parents laugh hysterically about this story today.


5. Where (or how) did you meet your spouse?

While I was away at college, my parents became members of a new church. When I came home for the summer, they insisted that we go to church as a family. (I wanted to go to our old church, and was very reluctant to go to this new church.) So, off we go to Sunday School....me, with a scowl on my face. And I am put in the college and career class. With a bunch of morons. I was the only girl. And there were 4 guys. Idiots. Pulling chairs out from under each other. Telling corny jokes. It was excruciating. So, on the way home from church that day....I told my parents that I would go to church with them, but that I was NOT going back to Sunday School with those stupid rednecks.

My husband was one of those stupid rednecks. The other 3 were our groomsmen.


MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. That was awesome! Now I see why you wanted to tell the "panties in the freezer"!!!! Great story! As well as how you met your hubby...classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't ever seem to link mine?! grrrr
    www.dayinthelifeofagirlnamedkimber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer to the hubby question. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I totally agree on the forgetting to switch and re-washing. That smell...seriously...after one night? It's ridiculous!
    Loved how you met your hubby...never say never right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words at my blog. I did read the toilet seat comment and had to giggle, can you imagine just not have toilet seat lids? I have a 21 almost 22 year old daughter and a 19 year old son so her blog really put things in perspective for me. My wonderful daughter recently bought a cactus and I worry about the poor cactus..ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my mother's a big girl, she can handle a few heart stops in her lifetime. ;) It truly was priceless though. My dad ran out of the house in just his boxers to see why she was screaming hysterically! I'm still trying to block that out, unfortunately we also have that on tape too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. great list! and i have to agree with laundry. it has to be the most thankless job ever-it's never done!

    thanks for stopping by my blog. and i wasn't sure if you would mind me sharing a link to your blog. but i always feel it's right to give credit where credit is due. and again i'm so thrilled that you've shared katie's journey!

    ReplyDelete