Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Miss Busy Body

Does everyone have a child like this?

You know...a little mama. Into everyone else's business...except her own, of course.

My Miss Busy Body, Eden, will be 8 next week. I figure it's time she had some responsibilities around here, right?



So, I asked her to make her bed. I went to dry my hair. She promptly.....made Ava's bed. But, I didn't know this, until I caught her trying to make up my bed. Did she make up her bed????? NO. Explain this!!

A few days ago, she wanted some Cheerios. Or Honey Loop Oat Rounds(or.... whatever the generic ones are called. You know...in the big bag?? You get my drift!) She asked if she could get some cereal. I said sure! She's almost 8! Right??!! So.... instead of getting the half-full, plastic cereal container....that is perfectly manageable for young hands.....she decided she is going to get the big bag, and fill up the rest of the container. Did I ask her to do that???? NO. About two minutes later (as I was eating my cereal in the dining room, and thinking she was just pouring up her cereal in the kitchen), I heard a gushing spill. Needless to say, I swept up almost half the bag, and threw it away.


This morning, she asked if I was about ready to make her lunch.

"Not yet! Be there in a minute!"

When I got to the kitchen to make her lunch, I found about 6 slices of bread on the floor in a neat pile. The bottom one was the end (who eats that part, anyway??? My mom does....she's weird! But that is a whole 'nother post!!!), so I trashed the end piece, and put the rest back. Again, did I ask her to try to make her own sandwich?? NO!! (She cried all the way to school about my making her sandwich with "floor bread", by the way!)



Ava came down the stairs a few days ago, crying, and said, "Eden spank me." Ummm, WHAT???


She calls Ava "sweetie" and "honey", and her tone is very....condescending. Pious. I'm not sure which. But, I don't call any of them those names, or use that tone. Seriously. So, I am confused by where it comes from. (T.V.? Again, whole 'nother post!)


She is constantly lecturing Lane, on everything from hygiene (which, let me just say, Eden has NO room to talk!!) to his handwriting.


I can't get her to clean up her OWN mess, but she loves getting into other people's messes, and then lecturing them about it!



I could go ON and ON and ON and ON with these examples ALL DAY!!


I really have no problem with her trying to be helpful. Really.


But, do what you are supposed to do, before you take on someone else's job.


And, you are NOT the MAMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment