Thursday, August 20, 2009

The In-laws Are Coming! THE IN-LAWS ARE COMING!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

They will be here tomorrow.

Pray for me.

My Mother-in-Law lacks tact. And sensitivity. And mind-your-own-business-ity. And foot-in-mouth syndrome. And my opinions are the only opinions-ology.

But, she is funny. Sometimes.

And they will only be here until Sunday.

After my grandmother's visit (*shudder*), I can do anything!

And I should have LOTS to blog about after they leave!!!



On a different note....

We were at Target on Monday, and this little, old lady and her walker stopped to speak to Ava. (This little old lady was teenie tiny, looked to be in her 80's, and was wearing Nascar sweatpants. I found that to be a little odd....anyone else think that is odd??)
So, the old lady says, "Hey there. How are you?"

Ava looks at her....does a total scan of the little, old lady. And right at the point when I thought Ava was going to try to hide, she looked right at that lady, and said, (LOUD AND PROUD!!) "I just tooted!"

Mortified! I was mortified. And now, every time I remember that my in-laws are coming...... and the panic attack threatens to take over my very well-being......I take deep, calming breaths.....and think back to my precious, beautiful, sweet, lady-like daughter, announcing to the little old lady in Nascar sweatpants and ALL of Target that she had just "tooted". It makes me laugh.

5 comments:

  1. Lol...it's great to have such a funny tension release!! Noah and Jacob both announce their poots too, and it is mortifying.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids always yell "I GASSED!" And at least (I think) no one can really tell what they're saying, most of the time. I'm really glad their aunt taught them that phrase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with the MIL..:-) Thanks for leaving a comment on the old blog..and by the way, you're pretty funny yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...now THAT is funny!! kids crack me up..they are so uncensored! :)

    {I must say I think the nascar pants on Granny IS a little weird...just sayin'}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I found your blog from the 5 questions blog hop. I just had to comment on the MIL thing. I TOTALLY understand!! And I had to laugh. Fortunately for me she is now my exMIL so I don't have to worry about it too much. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete