Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ava the Fashionista....

As of late, Ava has been exhaustingly demanding in the style and accessory department.

Unfortunately, her imagination outweighs her communication skills.

Example: "I wanna be like Belle!"

Or: "I wanna be like Ariel!"

Also: "I wanna be like Eden!"

And so on, and so on.

The problem is......she seeminly knows in her little mind what exactly that entails. And typically it means that she doesn't want to wear that and I haven't fixed her hair to her satisfaction.

But, she can't tell me why she doesn't like it, or how she wants me to fix it. She tries.....I just don't get it.

She says things like "I want it in the back." I took this to mean she wanted a ponytail.
I was wrong.

Or she will say, "I want it like this!"........while demonstrating some wild and crazy hand motions. I have NO CLUE!

Ava is frustrated. I am frustrated.

Minor temper fits have taken place.

Her new fave response is...."I will wear that tomorrow." (It actually sounds more like "too-mah-woh-oh-oh"....) And it doesn't matter how many outfits you present to her in a row.....she will wear them all ..."too-mah-woh-oh-oh"!

As I felt myself getting stressed about this today, I thought back to a time not so long ago. A time when a different toddler that DEFINED the terrible two's was the terror of my household.

That toddler was Eden. Not only was she MORE demanding in her Fashionista ways......if she disliked what Mama dressed her in, she had the "perfect" solution.

Eden would just pee in the offending outfit. And I would change her into a new outfit. And she was happy.

Manipulated by a two year old.

Sad, sad, sad.

1 comment:

  1. Eden was one smart cookie. Pray that she doesn't share that little nugget with Ava! They do have a way of getting what they want, don't they?
    Jen

    ReplyDelete