Monday, August 31, 2009

the Journey

I recently stumbled onto a blog that humbled me. Broke me. I gained a heart for something that I thought I was pretty hardened to. When I say hardened, I guess I really mean desensitized. You know....there's starving kids in Africa. You start to hear it so many times that it becomes trite....loses its effect.

Visit Katie's blog to be blessed in ways unimaginable. I really have no words that aptly describe this young woman and her ministry. Nothing short of amazing. So, I will just ask that you visit her blog. Follow her blog. And if you feel led, support her ministry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, on a much lighter note.....

As we were finishing up dinner tonight, my mom says....

"Somebody needs to hit the bong!!!"

(There is a Asian looking GONG on the piano in the dining room. Yes, I knew what she meant to say. But, BJ and I laughed hysterically at her anyway. It took her a few minutes to catch up.)

5 comments:

  1. ha ha...that's pretty funny! My mom called a gong a bong once, I couldnt stop laughing either & she had no idea why it was so funny until I explained it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Katie's blog. It is really something. Too funny about your mom and the bong!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, mom's hittin' the bong, huh? I have an award for you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you an award too..same one as Mama M..It's on my blog..don't feel like you have to do it twice though, you'll know what I mean when you read it..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, just me! Been meaning to tell you...

    Heck no! I don't sing "Happy B-day"...first, the horrendous sound coming out of my mouth would send people diving into dark corners and cowering, and second--how annoying!

    And yes, we "au naturale" folk feel like a bazillion bucks after delivery, don't we?!!

    Heck, what's a couple of stiches compared to "transition"!

    ReplyDelete