Friday, August 21, 2009

Five Question Friday Fun!!!

Brought to us by the one and only Mama M, Five Question Friday is, well, exactly that! Five random questions on Friday. Wanna try? Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, and answer them. Then copy and paste the MckLinky code. Piece of cake? (OOOOOOOooooooooo....I should bake a cake!)

1. What is your biggest Pet Peeve? (Thanks, Meghan!)

2. With no worries about finances, childcare, or travel time...where would you most want to vacation?

3. If your house was in the path of a tornado and you had time to grab 3 things before the house was totally destroyed (children, husband, pets are already out) what 3 items would you grab? (Thanks, A.!)

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? (Thanks, Keely!)

5. What is your family's favorite homecooked meal?

And....for the answers!!



1.What is your biggest pet peeve?


OH! There are SO many of these. Mama always told me I was TOO easily annoyed. I could really go on a rant with this, but I think I am going to say that most of my Pet Peeves are derived from people's inconsiderate-ness (YEAH...I know I made up a word. So what?) And the one that has got me going today is when people allow their children to behave heinously in public places. Whether it be that they are running around the grocery store.....darting out in front of my very full shopping cart, or running around in a restaurant (and I am NOT talking fast food, here, people. I am talking sit down, have a server, eating a nice meal restaurant!), or pushing on a playground. I am a mother of young children, and if my children behave badly, they are in trouble. And they know it. I will not say that mine have never behaved this way, but I will say that they know it better not happen again. I didn't smile at the person they offended and say, "Kids will be kids". I want to say back, " Well, those kids are going to be some HORRID adults if someone doesn't teach them some manners!"



2. With no worries about finances, childcare, or travel time...where would you most want to vacation?

I would LOVE to visit Australia. But, I would want to go for a long enough period of time that we could get over the jet lag and enjoy all that there is to see. SO......a month?? Sounds good to me! I only wish we could see Steve Irwin... =(


3. If your house was in the path of a tornado and you had time to grab 3 things before the house was totally destroyed (children, husband, pets are already out) what 3 items would you grab?

Assuming that I would also be able to escape safely, my computer (with all my pics), my scrapbooks, and the kids wall portraits. These things are irreplaceable.


4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?


I had the good pleasure of being able to visit some friends for 3 whole weeks in Hawaii. We spent some time on the Big Island, and it was the most beautiful, relaxing place I have ever been. It is largely undeveloped....or should I say that it isn't overdeveloped....but there are still the modern conveniences and shopping districts that I wouldn't want to live without. The volcanoes, beaches, and waterfalls are breathtaking. While there, we hiked 10 miles into the crater of an inactive part of Mt Kilauea, and it ranks as one of the top 5 experiences of my life.

Soooooo....Big Island(probably near Kona), Hawaii. Final Answer.


5. What is your family's favorite homecooked meal?

This is tough because each person has their own favorite. But, I am going to go with my Cheesy Spaghetti recipe. This seems to be requested a lot lately.


MckLinky Blog Hop

MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. I can't link...but mine is at
    www.dayinthelifeofagirlnamedkimber.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Oooh, know what else is a pet peeve? When I am pushing a children laden stroller, just gettin' along a good clip, and some inconsiderate person, all by themself, walks in front of me...causing me to stop, smile through gritted teeth, and attempt to get my bus of a double stroller going again. Grrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! Thanks for stopping by :)
    So are your kids really 8.5 months apart, or is that just what you say? Sometimes I just want to tell people mine really ARE twins, even though they clearly aren't :)

    ReplyDelete