Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me! Monday




Last Monday, when Lane realized the full extent of his injury, and continually expressed the sentiment, "my summer is ruined", over and over, I did NOT silently agree, that " Yes, Your summer is ruined, MY summer is ruined, Everyone's summer is ruined!!!". I did NOT see my summer-sitting-poolside flash before my very eyes. I would never be that selfish!

I most certainly did NOT proceed to take place in a pity party, in the form of totally boycotting the laundry. And then I absolutely did NOT wash only my husband's clothes, in the hopes that maybe he wouldn't notice the mountain of laundry that had sprouted. I also did NOT have to wash the same load of clothes three times because I was either too forgetful or too lazy to put them into the dryer.

I would NEVER make my kids wait until 2:00 pm to eat lunch, so that we could go to Sonic and get half-priced drinks.

When Lane and his broken arm came tumbling down the stairs, I did NOT THINK every four letter word I have ever heard.

I did NOT eat Kit Kats and drink Diet Coke for breakfast today.

I did NOT justify staying home from the gym this morning because I really needed to stay home and do the laundry, only to spend the majority of the morning on the computer.

When Ava was misbehaving in public, I did NOT whisper in her ear that I was going to spank her butt, to which she did NOT reply (in a volume designated for movie theater sound commercials) "Don't spank my butt! Kiss My face!!(pause) IIIIIIII HAAAAAAPPPPPPPPYYYY!!!". I did NOT start laughing uncontrollably. I do NOT consistently have problems disciplining this child because she does NOT always know how to make me laugh.

This has been Not Me! Monday, courtesy of MckMama.

No comments:

Post a Comment