Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Boy is Getting a Little Ripe...

..........soooooooooooo it is time for the much dreaded bath. Which is no easy job, since his arm is cast up to his armpit. And have I mentioned that this boy is painfully modest. Public nakedness(meaning with an audience of ANY kind) could be considered to be the most severe form of torture that Lane could endure. But, it MUST BE DONE.

So, I broached the topic carefully. I said, "Lane, I have some bad news. We have to get a bath today. Do you know what that means?"

He said(in a VERY PAINED voice), " You have to take a bath with me?"

I replied(as I stifled a million giggles), "No, but I do have to give you a bath so we make sure to keep your arm dry."

His reply? "That's JUST as BAD!"

Oh, contrere, buddy. Oh, contrere!

Poor guy! He is having a rough week. But I sincerely believe that a bath with his mother would be much, MUCH worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment