Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Perfect Church....

...will only become reality when Jesus comes to call us home.



But, while I am here on this earth, I am in need of a GREAT church to call home. We have just moved to a new area, and I am finding this task to be daunting. We are anxious to get involved in a church, but none that we have visited have been a good fit.



I wish there was a way to take bits and pieces of each and mesh them into one. Ha!



But, why is it SOOOO difficult to find a friendly church, with fabulous music, sound Biblical preaching, and dynamic kid's programs?!



The first we visited had GREAT MUSIC( a famous Christian recording artist is the worship leader). The preaching was Biblical. They had a lot going on for the kids. But the people were cold and unfriendly. My 7 year old daughter tried to sit by a few girls, and they moved away from her. And something else was missing. It was just stark.



The next church was friendly and outgoing. I don't think they had seen a visitor in awhile! They were very excited to see us. But the music was AWFUL. I don't really even know if you could call it a joyful noise, as no one was singing audibly. And the preaching was more of a psychology lesson. And it just didn't "feel right" either.

I know we have only visited two churches. And I have no idea why I find this to be so intimidating. I guess we spent so much time in a church that we knew was dying, that I am just so, so ready to be in a GREAT church.



So, our quest continues tomorrow. I am trying not to get discouraged.

Oh, and I just found out my husband got called in to work tomorrow. Sooooooooooo...I guess the kids and I will brave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment