Friday, September 4, 2009

Where are YOUR PARENTS??!!??!!!

I had one of those moments today. You know, the kind where your child publicly humiliates you SO BADLY that you would like to step away from them, look around unassumingly, and then say (loudly, so that all around you can hear), "WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?!?"

We were in the book store, looking at some books (duh!), when a lady from our new church walked up. (How long I have known this lady = about a month.... I will never be able to erase what happened next from her memory. This preempts ALL first impressions.) She says "Hey!"
She looked over at Ava and said....."How are you doing, little lady?!"

Any normal kid would either:

A. Mumble "Fine.'

B. Chatter excitedly about being in the bookstore.

C. Hide behind their mother.



Not my child.

My child promptly dropped trou'.

Oh yes, in the middle of the book store, in front of a mere acquaintance, Ava pulled her pants and panties down.....Full MOON!

I was so frantic to pull her pants back up, that they got stuck. It felt like 10 whole minutes standing there trying to pull up my daughter's pants.

Embarrassing. Humiliating. Mortifying. Hilarious.

She will NEVER live this down.

7 comments:

  1. Yes that will be a moment to always remember.

    Sorry but it is pretty funny...hopefully the lady from the church can see the humor in it!

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty stinkin' hilarious!! Darn kids, just when you think you can take 'em out in public, they do something like this!! Bet that nice lady from church'll remember you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is abosolutely hilarious! My son once dropped trou in the middle of Taco Bell, and then shouted "I'm Naked!" at full volume!

    The whole place roared with laughter, and I joined in. It was either that or cry, so....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! guess the lady needed some "moonin'"

    hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no, mama, YOU will never be able to live that down...yikes! But, you can always bring it up when her first boyfriends and future hubby's come calling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOODNESS!! That's hilarious! My daughter is 14 months, so no stories yet, but I'm sure she'll humiliate me for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO FUNNY! My girl took her Grandma to the bathroom in the Irish pub after church tonight (that sounds a little weird but yeah that's where we eat after church...) just to look at the bathroom, and I thought of this post. Had to tell you. You are not alone!!! :)

    ReplyDelete