Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just Weirdness

Weirdness.

Weirdness is within our gene pool. (Obviously from my husband's side of the family. Obviously!)

Last night, while seated at the dinner table, my shirtless son was sporting some strange looking marks on his arms. (Arms....as in plural. Both arms.)

Right away, I recognized what these marks were.

But, I asked anyway.

"Lane, what are those marks on your arm?"

My husband says, "Those look like......"

I shooshed him, quickly. I wanted Lane to answer.

Lane says that his arm was itching, and that his fingernails were too short, so he used his teeth to scratch his arm.

I told him that I wasn't buying it.

He maintained his story. We had a nice chat about lying. (Biggest NO-NO in my book. Do NOT lie to me. You will be in SO much more trouble for lying!!!!)

So, he finally admits that he was sucking on his arm. Why? I ask.

Still, because it was itching, he says.

So, I asked if it helped to make the itch stop.

He says "No."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! I didn't think so!

So then, WHY ON EARTH DID YOU SUCK ON YOUR OTHER ARM??!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

We never really did get to the bottom of it. And Lane has a hickey on each bicep.

Total weirdness.


10 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the pic of the kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! My son has done that once... and it was all DEEP purple and red and blue and looked like we had beat him!!

    Cute blog!!

    many blessings-
    Amanda

    P.S. Found ya through Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That totally made me laugh out loud! Love it! (And any of our chilren's weirdnesses come from my husbands side too...obviously!) :) I stopped over from MckMama's Blog Frog and wanted to say HI! Your kids are CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I'm leaving two comments tonight, both relating to my own sweet precious daughter (the other one is on the bathroom post). Just the other day I had to scold my six year old for sucking on her arm and leaving a HUGE hickey (sp?). Why is that fun? You know what else she does? She takes the lids to her drinks and sucks on them leaving a large red mark on her upper lip. The day before her sixth birthday last week she did the same thing only left a red ring on her lower lip. All of her birthday pictures and first day of school pictures have this wonderful red ring, although it was almost gone for the first day of school thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story! Kids can be weird at times. Hickeys on both arms right in time for school to start :)
    Did you know that Keely tagged you in my blog hop? Check out her or my blog to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great (well not really) but funny and of course he got it from his father!

    Well I enjoy your blog and wanted to stop by and say hi.

    I too tagged you on the Photo Blog Hop!

    Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was sooooo kissing his pipes...like "Look what the Rock can give ya"...or something! That's funny! Love the new header (not that I didn't like the old one, just sayin'!!)...and I'm sorry you're in a funk. I hate funks. Funks suck. (oooh, better be careful how you say that one!!) I, am PMSing. Hate it, think maybe I'll get pregnant just to not PMS, then reality hits and would 6 kids be better than PMS? Probably not, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son has done that before. It didn't really shock me because he is just PLAIN WEIRD!

    and yep, he gets it from his dad too

    ReplyDelete