Friday, September 4, 2009

TGIF!: Five Question Friday Frenzy!!


Here we go, friends! Our Five Question Friday (with a Thursday night posting, to facilitate a fellow mama, who's sweet little Belli is having surgery Friday)!!
So...the rules?
Copy and paste the questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code, link up and voila (I soooo wish I could put that cute little accent above the 'o'...or would it be the 'i'?)!! You're hoppin' along with us!A special thanks to Sandy, Megan Silva and Keely for this week's questions!!
September 4th Questions:
1. The clothing outfit you remember from childhood and why?
I had a white top and stirrup pants that were black with white polka dots . They were my favorite!(Ya know....in the fourth grade. I wouldn't be caught dead in them now.) Until my grandmother washed them with a red shirt....and the white polka dots had a pinkish tint. I was really upset. My grandmother's suggestion: Get a pink shirt to wear with them. PSSSHH! They didn't look like they were supposed to be pink. They looked like someone hadn't laundered them correctly. Even at age 9, I was aware of that! (Laundry aficionado in the making!!!!) And I was NOT going to just wear them with a pink shirt.
2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a pianist. I told my parents when I was 5 that I was going to be the church pianist. As I grew up, that never really changed. I went to school as a music major.....I never finished my degree, but I did become a church pianist....for 8 years.
3. What is your must have for Fall?
Hmmmm......well, our weather doesn't really change for fall here. And I am a year round flip flop kind of girl. But...I am a jacket, sweater, coat fanatic. Must have several, as I wear them indoors almost everywhere we go, and can't repeat too often. Just got a really cute grey jacket with double buttons and bell sleeves. Love it!
4. If money were no object, how many kiddos would you really have?
When I was younger, I always wanted to have 7 children (like the Von Trapp family....Sound of Music??) I would definitely have a few more. I think the questions should really read, "If time were no object......." I want to make sure that I am able to spend one on one quality time with each of my kids. And the more there are, the harder it is to do. I think I would just like to freeze time......right where it stands, and keep my kids the ages they are forever.
I do feel led to adopt. And probably will, when the time is right.
5. The best part of your birthing story (other than the beautiful child at the end).
"I'll tell you what the worst part was!" (My friend's little boy says this.....every DAY when she asks him what the best part about school was. I think it's hilarious. A pessimist at 5!)
Keep in mind that no drugs were used in the birthing of any of these babies (making these offenses atrocious!)!!!
Birth Number 1:
I had a really mean nurse. Really mean. I was 19, scared, and had no idea what to expect. She waited until my baby had crowned before she called a doctor. It then took the doctor an hour to get there, (with her screaming at me "DON'T PUSH!!!"...... the whole time) and it was not my doctor. So.....strange doctor walks in. Says NOTHING. To anyone. And proceeds to give me an episiotomy. Still.....saying nothing. Not to me. Not to my husband. Not to the crabby old nurse.
The baby was 5 pounds 14 ounces. Not a big baby. Not a big head. Still don't know WHY he felt I needed an episiotomy, as I didn't with the other two, and amazingly NO RIPS.
Just rudeness. Nurse was rude......doctor was rude. And even when I am up in stirrups....panting and pushing.....some prerequisite etiquette should still apply.
Birth Number 2:
Immediately following the natural birth of our beautiful daughter, as she lay on my belly in all of her slimy glory.....and as the placenta has not yet made it's appearance........(so, like within 30 seconds).....................my husband says to me......"Well, that wasn't so bad, was it?!!"
Nuff said.
Birth Number 3:
As the baby was making its descent, crowning, and then coming out, a WAY TOO PEPPY nurse sang "Happy Birthday". The. WHOLE. TIME. For about 20 minutes. It was torturous. And I wanted to do bodily harm to her.
I appreciate the gesture, but, I just wish she had waited until after the birth to serenade us.






MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. You shoulda kicked her. Kidding, but whoa, that's annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think you had every right to deck the rude nurse and doctor. Extra points rewarded for restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your prayers! And I had a nice laugh at the comment about your husband saying, "well that wasn't so bad was it." Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't so bad? Hmmm...stirrup kicked up your nose...that wasn't so bad.

    Way to go on your restraint with the "looney tunes" lady!

    Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your birth stories! Can't believe your husband had the nerve to say that. . . Can't believe the nurse thought that singing of any kind was appropriate as you were pushing a baby's head out of you. Wow. Very entertaining though!! Thank you for sharing! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. "that wasn't so bad, was it?"
    my husband and i had a really good giggle at this. classic!

    datesdiapersdeity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny. I too play piano and have an unfinished music degree. And we would have a housefull if money (and time) were no object-and I would love to adopt as well. We'll just have to see what God has in store!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete