Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lane-isms and other Randomness...

Today at lunch, BJ expressed his desire to watch some football...to which Lane replies, "I think the Kentuckians are playing today."

Hmmmmmmm. OK?? I think my husband needs to invest some time in the football education of our only son.

And a few seconds later, "Can we go as the Peanut Patrol for Halloween this year?"

Say, WHA???? What is with my kids and the random Peanut Characters?? (See: Peanut Pete??!?) We don't grow peanuts for a living. We don't eat peanuts regularly. I have never even bought boiled peanuts off the side of the road!!! What's the peanut fascination about??

That said, we ate lunch out today, and I did NOT have to take anyone to the restroom. (Perhaps my latest Toilet Abuser memo did the trick?! We shall see!)

V for Victory!!

It's the little things in life!!

I survived the In-Laws, and there was little-to-no fallout. In fact, compared with the "Mamaw" visit, it was downright pleasant. Even if we did go to the Bass Pro shop, an antique store, the flea market, and a liquidation outlet......and even if they did buy a HUGE pallet of stuff in a box without knowing the contents. (Picture: Wal-mart pallets in the middle of the aisle....YEAH! One of those. And even if they did allow my kids to unload said BOX in my driveway. We got a couple of air mattresses, snorkel gear (because....you NEVER know when we are going to go snorkeling!), some flashlights, and more goggles than my kids cold lose in a lifetime out of the deal.

They even brought us a gift!

Pickled Quail Eggs.

Nope. Not kidding.

2 comments:

  1. wow...who wouldn't want Pickled Quail Egss...it's the gift that keeps on giving!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete