Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Girl Crazy

My son told me last night that his friend has a girlfriend. And that he kisses her. And that he has kissed 4 other girls. And that he likes Eden. Oh my! These kids are 9!!(And if that pervy little kid brings his pervy little lips anywhere near my daughter.........)

And then Lane asks me how old he should be to have a girlfriend. As I pulled my heart out of my stomach and gently placed it back in my chest....I asked him if he knew of a girl that he liked. He said no......he was just wondering if he was supposed to have a girlfriend, since his friend had one.

We had a talk about how we don't have to do things just because other people are doing them. And then I asked him why people have girlfriends or boyfriends. He answered the way I hoped he would....to see if you want to marry that person. So I asked if he was ready to get married....

I am SO not ready for this phase. I know he is 9, and it is coming quickly......but I am SO not ready.

Some days I want to freeze time. Right where it stands. I want to stay in these moments with my kids forever, preserving their innocence, guarding their hearts and minds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, back at the ranch(or.....BJ's softball game), Ava was busy cheering her daddy on. "Catch the ball, Daddy!" and "Hit the Ball, Daddy!" and "YAY DADDY!"

The batter popped up the ball. Another player (not Daddy) caught the ball. The following conversation/cheer then took place:

Ava: "GO DADDY!!!"

Eden: "That wasn't daddy."

Ava: "OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh! DADDY STINKS! Cuz he TOOTED!" (Top of her lungs)

Lane: " Ava! You cannot say tooted here. There are Christians around us!"

Me: "Lane, aren't you a Christian?"

Lane: "Oh."

-------------------------------------------------

On the moving front, we have found a fabulous house. We have signed a lease. We are packing boxes. It is a nightmare. The end. (For now.)

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about not being ready. The funny thing is it's my 10 year old that I'm already worried about, not my 12 year old. Ashton (12) is still showing no real interest in boys. Sydney (10) however, has had a crush on the same boy for about 2 years now!!! I kid you not! It's a little strange, I think, but what do I know? I'm just the mom. I'm glad y'all found a house-I hope things work out well!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! So sad, isn't it, when our babes grow up? I've been lucky so far...my oldest is more interested in sports than girls...I know that'll change, but for now...just enjoy, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is TOOO funny.

    And NINE?? Really? That freaks me out. Glad your little baby felt comfortable talking to you about it!

    BLessings-
    Amadna

    ReplyDelete