Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Horror!!

Last night, while tucking my girls into bed, we made quite a grim discovery. We pulled back the sheets of Eden's bed, and there were 2 ants. As you can imagine, she immediately went into hysterics, which immediately sent Ava into hysterics. Two little girls-totally FREAKING OUT!

I noticed that there were a few more ants around the edge of the mattress....Soooooooooooooooo I lifted it up. And right there on the boxspring were hundreds of ANTS!!!!!!!!!!

And, of course, I was then in hysterics! Three girls, totally FREAKING OUT!! I mean, seriously....wouldn't you be more than a little freaked out that there seems to be a colony of ants that has moved into your child's bed?

Have I mentioned that these were FIREANTS????

I went a little over the top with the ant spray. Because while I was in hysterics, BJ told me to. And even after the fact, how else do you get rid of hundreds of ants? They were all dead this morning. (The girls slept in the full size bed in the guest room. Which is across the hall from my bedroom. And when I say "slept", what I really mean, is "giggled uncontrollably for hours while mom and dad kept yelling at them to hush up and go to sleep."

And now I am afraid to put her back in her bed. Even though I only sprayed the boxspring. And the package says that the ant spray is perfectly safe for pets and humans after it is dry. Sooo...I don't know. What do you think?

FYI: I am definitely, without a doubt, calling a pest control expert tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment